Saturday, May 14, 2005

Think of this as my backup blog.

I took this one on in order to post elsewhere in the blogger.com domain, but it's always nice to have a backup. I ask those of you who want to read more to go to my longtime blog, "Jayelle's Front Porch", at:

http://www.livejournal.com/~princesswitch

I also want to take the opportunity to explain my username here. Ever since the Lilo and Stitch movie, which is my favorite, came out, I have been told by people who knew me back then that Lilo reminds them of me as a little girl. Except that I am not a native Hawaiian, I am a Florida Cracker. The "Cracker" part, then, distinguishes me from the cartoon Lilo and distinguishes me as a member of a group that I am fiercely proud to be part of. Florida's one of those places where you can prompt a conversation with someone with the words "Where did you come from?", because not many of us could say, "Right here."

So is New York City! I guess I can't get away from that! :-)

No comments: