Saturday, June 18, 2005

I love me some analogies!

First I turned a really stupid and impractical gift to my darling wife from a student's parents (Instructor of the Year, baby!) into an analogy with evangelism to "the homosexual" over at SB's blog.

Then I did the same with decorating and same-sex marriage on another debate forum:

The right to believe and opine also includes the right to live by one's own beliefs, as long as they do not intrude on others' ability to do the same. (If I love purple and hate yellow, it's my right to paint my house purple, but if you love yellow, I would be wrong to get the homeowner's association to try and make you paint your house purple or some other color that is less offensive to me.)

At least my future Creative Writing Enrichment students won't have any problems with metaphors, similies, and analogies when they leave my damn class, I tell y'all what!

1 comment:

Blogzie said...

You just know that I will be first in line to buy a copy of your great american novel.

I will be able to say "I knew her when she was just a blogger!"

xo