I done got tagged by SassyFemme. Let me explain, in her words:
So the rules for those I tag....
Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place; add your blog's name in the #5 spot; link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross pollination effect.
5. Cracker Lilo
Next: select new friends to add to the pollen count. No one is obligated to participate. (If I didn't add you, and you want, to go for it and leave a comment that you're going to do it, so we can come check it out.)
(Lilo says: I will be pollinating between the Cool Lunch Table blogs and the MBOL-ers! Y'all need to get to know each other! :-)
2. Anastasia (Voodoo Mama)
The Question: What 5 things do you miss about your childhood?
Me, I don't miss that much. I like being an adult. I hated having to answer to people, not being taken seriously, being treated as if I didn't matter, not being allowed to decide even what I wanted for dinner or to wear to school, etc. But there are a few things I missed.
1. My father. Every day, in many ways, even though I've been without him way longer than with him. And I may as well add, his father, too. Rest in peace, gentlemen. I am so proud to have your noses, your lips, your Cracker expressions, and your fingerprints all over my mind from when it was forming and y'all got a hold of it.
2. Not having to worry about whether the grass had just been sprayed (by pesticides or dogs!), the apple was grown organically, the cookie has trans-fats, etc.
3. Not having to *think* so much, period. Just feeling and doing and experiencing everything.
4. The sense of infinite possibility. Why couldn't I be both an archaeologist and a rock star in the same lifetime? And the first woman to win the Daytona 500 besides? And maybe I could only marry Bo, Luke, *or* Daisy Duke, but surely they were all equally valid choices, right? I still wish I had that "I CAN DO ANYTHING!" self-confidence I had when I was little. I feel like I'm just now getting it back, and about time. It sucks to hear "no" all the time; sucks worse to say it to yourself.
5. My brother, when he was a cute little baby monster with big blue eyes and blond hair who worshipped me and loved to cuddle and play. Of course, he'll probably make me a cute little blue-eyed, blond-haired nephew within a few years, and that's cool, too! :-)