Another note--I tend to buy and try things like organic, natural coconut extract and cherry juice at the health food store. They have their place in my kitchen; some weeks it's a place of honor. But as you may imagine, they are NOT part of Sonic's kitchens, and you're not gonna get anything like Sonic taste with those ingredients. Yes, I learned the hard way. Yes, I love to "doctor", perhaps a little too much. Get the toxic crap in the regular aisles at the regular store, just like TSR recommends, and enjoy it.
Yep, two recipes!
Diet Cherry Limeade
12 ounces Diet Sprite (one can)
3 lime wedges (about 3/8 of a lime total, but I always end up with about half the lime.)
1/4 cup cherry juice (TSR recommends Libby's Juicy Juice. It works.)
1. Fill a 16-ounce glass two-thirds full with ice
2. Pour Diet Sprite over the ice
3. Add the juice of the lime wedges; drop them into the drink.
4. Add the cherry juice and serve with a straw.
Makes one 16-ounce (medium) drink.
Lilo's Diet Ocean Water
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons Splenda blend. (TSM says sugar.)
1 teaspoon imitation coconut extract
3 drops blue food coloring. (TSM says two. I abuse blue food coloring.)
2 12-ounce cans cold Diet Sprite
1. Combine water and Splenda blend in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve.
2. Add coconut extract and food coloring to the syrup. Stir well.
3. Combine blue syrup with Diet Sprite. Divide and pour over ice. Add straws and serve.
Makes two 12-ounceish servings.